Video conferencing, a communications technology that integrates video and audio to connect users anywhere in the world, helps each individual believe they’re in the same room. The video conferencing equipment triggers communication between three or more users who are in at least two locations, rather than one-on-one communication, and it often includes multiple people at each location. Each user or group of users participating in a video conference typically must have a computer, a camera, a microphone, a video screen and a sound system.
This technology is especially popular in the field of business because it allows meetings or conferences to be held without the need for all of the participants to travel to a single location, and thus makes it another cost-effective measure. For similar reasons, Video Conferencing Systems are also useful in the fields of academics and medicine. Any organization with participants from different corners of the world, be it anywhere, can make use of available Video Conferencing Solutions
Importance of Video conferencing:
- Increases Productivity.
- Improves Communication & Reinforce Relationships.
- Reduces Travel Expenses.
- Allows Multi-point Meetings Across Time Zones & International Boundaries.
- Improves Effectiveness.
Videoconferencing is the conduct of a videoconference (also known as a video conference or video teleconference) by a set of telecommunication technologies which allow two or more locations to communicate simultaneously using video and audio transmissions. It is popularly known as 'visual collaboration'.
Video Conferencing Equipment includes:
- Video input : video camera or webcam
- Video output: computer monitor, television or projector
- Audio input: microphones, CD/DVD player, cassette player, or any other source of PreAmp audio outlet.
- Audio output: Usually loudspeakers associated with the display device or telephone
- Data transfer: Analog or digital telephone network, LAN or Internet
- Computer : A data processing unit that ties together the other components, does the compressing and decompressing, and initiates and maintains the data linkage via the network.